- RSS Channel Showcase 3406151
- RSS Channel Showcase 1836537
- RSS Channel Showcase 9776323
- RSS Channel Showcase 8785320
Articles on this Page
- 05/10/17--09:00: _Designing Spiritual...
- 05/24/17--09:00: _*EXPERIENTIALITY: H...
- 11/08/17--08:00: _THE CODE OF THE MES...
- 05/31/18--09:00: _DESIGNING SYNAESTHESIA
- 09/19/18--10:00: _THE HOLISM OF SENSA...
- 11/14/18--10:36: _TALISMANIC FURNITURE
- 05/10/17--09:00: Designing Spiritual Spaces
- 11/08/17--08:00: THE CODE OF THE MESSAGE | THE DESIGN OF THE ALPHABET
- 05/31/18--09:00: DESIGNING SYNAESTHESIA
- 11/14/18--10:36: TALISMANIC FURNITURE
SPIRITSP[L]ACE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THAT IS THE MOST PROFOUNDLY POWERFUL, SPIRITUALLY RIVEN, MAGNETICALLY CAPTIVATING PLACE? WHAT’S UNFORGETTABLE? Some know about my experiences, early on, bringing artist / designer James Turrell to Seattle, as a COCA board member, [#makeamericacreateagain]. This was during the 80s, a widely-visited installation in an abandoned building in Pioneer Square. It […]
Thinking processes for experience design strategy and deployment During the 1990-early 2000s, I spent time working with the Disney Imagineers and Park Strategists at Disneyland — designing experiences, brands and their integrated strategies in Orlando and Anaheim. As well, during that time, we worked with Steve and Elaine Wynn on Bellagio and their teams and […]
THE ILLUSTRATION OF THE MIND: FROM THOUGHT TO WORD IN DESIGNED LETTERFORM LINGUISTICS | ALPHABETS AS BRAND VOCABULARIES. Working on hundreds of logos and corporate identity packages, in decades of design and brand development for clients around the world, over time there are learnings to the hidden code of the alphabet, and how that applies […]
THE HYPERREALITY OF SYNAESTHETIC DESIGN THINKING [images from Clodagh] It’s been suggested by many that designing holistically is really the tasking of design towards a sextet of responsive and sensational layers for beings and their experiences in wandering places that are designed and made. That holism we call *experientiality. Well-made place-making, it might be more […]
SYNAESTHETIC EXPERIENTIALITY AND DESIGN LEADERSHIP As a journeyer of decades of design, all over the world, and in partnering with many adepts in that journey, it’s interesting to study different models of design leadership. There are collaborators and team-builders, there are legions of implementors and executioners and there are the leaders and visionaries that drive […]
DESIGNING FURNITURE THAT PROTECTS THE USER. As a designer, I’m frequently talking about the core power of markings. In fact, at Mark Anderson’s futurist, high tech conference—this year in ParkCity, Utah, I was doing just that—talking about the symbolism of the mark and the patterning of markings as a larger sequence of storytelling symbolisms. So […]